Quebec Entrepreneur Program
The Quebec Entrepreneur Program
Note: For the period from April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018, no application for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) will be received under the Quebec Entrepreneur Program.
Quebec entrepreneur business program is aimed at individuals who possess entrepreneurial skills and who are intending to invest and operate an agricultural, commercial or industrial business in Quebec, while giving them the opportunity to obtain permanent residency in Canada.
- The applicant must have a minimum of CAD $300,000 net worth, legally acquired.
- Have a minimum of two years’ business management experience in an agricultural, commercial or industrial business, controlling at least 25% of the capital equity in the past five years.
- The applicant must invest a minimum of CAD $100,000, in a business.
- The investors and their immediate family must all pass medical examinations and security checks.
- After arriving in Canada, the candidate should meet the following conditions for 1 year at least during the 3 years of permanent residency:
- Purchase (in whole or in part) or establish a business in the agricultural, industrial or commercial sectors, with the minimum amount of CAD $100,000.
- Hold at least 25% of the capital equity of the same business.
- Commit to manage or participate in managing the business in Quebec.
- Create at least one full time job for a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident (agriculture entrepreneur is exempt from this condition).
- Conditional permanent residency is granted to the investor and his/her immediate family (a dependent child must be under 19 years old), allowing the family to share the same status.
- As a permanent resident the candidate has the right to :
1. Get most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care coverage,
2. Live, work or study anywhere in Canada,
3. Apply for Canadian citizenship (if requirements are met),
4. Protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Are there any restrictions as a permanent resident?
Permanent residents are not allowed to:
Quebec Entrepreneur Frequently Asked Questions
Am I able to bring my family with me to Quebec if I am successful?
- Vote or run for political office,
- Hold some jobs that need a high-level security clearance.
Your immediate family and spouse who you want to bring with you to Canada will need to be included in your application as your dependents (excluding children 19 years or over). In this case, once your application is successful you are able to bring your family with you.
For more information, please fill out our Free Assessment and find out if you qualify.
Campbell Cohen Law Firm (Canadavisa)
1980 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 800
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tel: +1-(514) 937-9445 (ext 4608)
Tel: +1 (514) 940 46 08
Tel: +1 (514) 312 22 32
Fax: +1 (514) 937-2618