U.S. residency through the EB-5 Program Regional Center investment option can be obtained in four easy steps, outlined below:
STEP 1 - Select a Regional Center:
- Look only for Regional Centers with a proven immigration track record;
- Look for a Regional Center that offers a return on the money invested;
- Seek out experts in the EB-5 community throughout the entire immigration process;
- It is a good idea to visit the Regional Center chosen. Request that the Regional Center be verified by qualified professionals.
STEP 2 - Investment and I-526 Petition:
At this stage, the applicant must present the investment amount of US$500,000 in the chosen Regional Center project. The I-526 Immigrant Petition indicates that the investment has been made by the applicant in an approved EB-5 Regional Center, or that the investment process has started and is underway.
Often times investments are completed through an escrow account. The applicant’s immigration lawyer provides proof of that investment by completing the I-526 Petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The I-526 Petition serves to prove that the applicant’s investment capital came from funds that were all legitimately acquired. The applicant is required to provide documentation showing the traceability of the funds, in order to prove that the funds were obtained legally.
STEP 3 - Conditional Permanent Residence (2 years):
Once the I-526 Petition is approved by the USCIS, the investor and immediate family receive their investor Green Cards granting conditional resident status in the U.S. for two years. The conditional residence visa can be obtained in two ways:
- Investors who are already residing in the U.S. with legal status must submit the I-485 form to adjust their status to conditional permanent resident.
- Investors who are not in the U.S. must go to through the National Visa Center and the application is then processed at the U.S. Consulate in their home country.
STEP 4 - Unconditional Permanent Residence and I-829 Petition:
In the final step of the process, the investor can remove conditional status and become a permanent resident. The I-829 Petition must be submitted to USCIS 90 days before the conditional residence expires. This petition is used to demonstrate that all program requirements have been fulfilled, including the creation of 10 full-time jobs for Americans. The investor and immediate family (spouse and dependent children under 21) become permanent residents of the United States and have the option to become citizens after a period of five years from the date conditional residence was received.
Permanent residency to one of the most powerful countries in the world can be obtained in four simple steps. Give yourself and your family the opportunity to live, work, and study anywhere in the USA. Start your process today!
For more information about U.S. Immigrant Investor Program, please click here.
Please fill out our Free Assessment, and find out if you qualify under any of the business immigration programs offered.