Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment (CIP)
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP)
The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) was formed following the parliamentary authorization to the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Regulations 2014. The government’s adoption of the Citizenship by Investment Program allows the promotion of economic growth and development, as well as granting citizenship status to the investor and their immediate family on the twin-island state of Antigua and Barbuda.
- The principal applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant must pass a Due Diligence examination and hold no criminal records.
- The applicant must have completed a medical examination and be of exceptional health.
- The principal applicant and their immediate family must reside in Antigua and Barbuda for a minimum of 5 days within the period of 5 years following citizenship status. Dependent children under 18 years old do not have to visit Antigua and Barbuda for five (5) days in the first five (5) years. Please note however: Upon attaining the age of eighteen (18), the residency requirement must be fulfilled as well as the requirement to swear an oath or pledge allegiance.
- The appropriate investment must be made.
- The applicant should not have previously been denied entry visa to countries which Antigua and Barbuda has visa-free travel and has not consequently attained a visa to the country that issued the denial.
- The investor and their immediate family will be admitted to citizenship in the independent British Commonwealth State of Antigua and Barbuda in the Eastern Caribbean.
- Dual citizenship is recognized which can be beneficial to business expansion and tax relief.
- There is no need to travel to Antigua and Barbuda during the application process.
- No interview, education, or managerial experience required.
- Possessors of an Antiguan passport are advantaged in visa-free travel to over 100 countries worldwide, including the United Kingdom and countries in the Schengen region.
- No tax on worldwide income.
- The program allows for a dependant between the ages of (18 to 28) years to be included in the application of the main applicant if the dependant is a full time student at a recognized higher learning institution and is financially dependent on the main applicant.
1. National Development Fund (NDF)/Charitable Donation.
- For a family of four; the investor is required to make a USD $100,000 contribution to the NDF, this option allows for two of the dependents government fees to be waived whether it is children, parents, or grandparents.
- For a family of five or more; the investor is required to make an investment of USD $125,000 to the NDF, the government fees for 3 dependents whether it is children, parents, or grandparents are waived.
2. Real Estate Investment.
(A)- Purchased property must amount to a minimum of USD $400,000 in Government-approved real estate development area. Investment must be maintained for a minimum of 5 years. Property registration, processing fees and taxes to be paid in addition to the property purchase.
(B)- Effective 1st May, 2018, a Limited Time Offer (LTO) under the Real Estate option. The minimum investment remains at USD $400,000. However, until 31st October, 2018, two (2) applications from related parties can make a joint investment, with each applicant investing a minimum of USD $200,000 in order to qualify. All processing and due diligence fees remain unchanged.
3. Establish business.
- To establish a business and to qualify for citizenship, the applicant may invest USD $1,500,000. A joint business investment can be made between 2 or more applicants with the individual threshold equating to a minimum of USD $400,000, and the total investment equating to a minimum of USD $5,000,000.
Once the application forms are submitted, they are processed rapidly within 3 to 6 months. In result, the applicant and their immediate family will be granted citizenship to live in Antigua and Barbuda.
The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program unit denies citizens from Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from acquiring citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda unless the applicant is a permanent resident of the United Kingdom, United States, or Canada.
Citizens from the seven restricted countries (Afghanistan, Iran , Iraq, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen) must have lived minimum ten years in one of these countries: United Arab Emirates (UAE) , Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), Canada, United States (US) , United Kingdom (UK) , Australia or New Zealand , and the applicant shouldn't have any financial ties to any of the restricted countries.
As of June 27 of 2017, citizens of Antigua and Barbuda are now required to obtain a visa to enter Canada. Any electronic travel authorization (eTA) issued to holders of an Antigua and Barbuda passport will no longer be valid for travel to Canada.
Iranian Nationals Update:
The restrictions on Iranian applicants have been modified. Iranian citizens can apply if they meet all three criteria:
1. They have a long-term visa in the countries which are allowed visa-free travel to Antigua and Barbuda> ).
2. They have legally resided outside Iran for at least 3 years prior to application.
3. Their business activities must be conducted, and their funds substantially earned, outside of Iran.
Antigua & Barbuda Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to live in Antigua & Barbuda in order for me to obtain the citizenship?
The residency requirement for Antigua & Barbuda is a minimum of 5 days in the period of 5 years; however, that is following their citizenship status not before. In this case the applicant will gain citizenship without a residency requirement. Dependent children under 18 years old do not have to visit Antigua and Barbuda for five (5) days in the first five (5) years. Please note however: Upon attaining the age of eighteen (18), the residency requirement must be fulfilled as well as the requirement to swear an oath or pledge allegiance.
2. What are the fees for the Antigua & Barbuda program?
The fees depend on the number of dependants for the applicant, and the investment option for the program. In order to get a quote, please contact us for confidential consultation.
3. How long will it take for me and my family to get our Antigua & Barbuda citizenship?
After the submission of the Citizenship by Investment application, applications will take approximately 3 to 6 months to be processed. Once the application has been approved, the applicants will receive their citizenship straight away.
For more information, please fill out our Free Assessment
and find out if you qualify.;