Citizenship by Investment in Cyprus
Note : The Cyprus Government has announced the suspension of their Citizenship-by-Investment Program (CIP) effective November 1,2020.
Citizenship by Investment Cyprus
This program was established by the Council of Ministers in Cyprus on the 19th of March 2014 to attract foreign high net worth individuals who will invest their capital in Cyprus while enjoying European citizenship.
- Must have a clean criminal record.
- Must not have their assets frozen by the European Union.
- Must own a private residence in Cyprus, worth at least EUR 500,000 plus VAT.
- Should meet one of the economic criteria listed under “Investment Options” section below.
- The program is open to all nationalities.
- Dual Citizenship is allowed.
- The main applicant, spouse, and dependent children up to the age of 28 obtain European citizenship which can be passed to future generations.
- Parents may be included in the citizenship application if they own a separate residence with a minimum cost of EUR 500,000 plus VAT, or a residence with the main applicant with a combined minimum cost of EUR 1 million plus VAT.
- Have the right to live and work within the 28 EU countries, and have an access to the education and health care system.
- Visa-free travel to over 174 countries including the EU and Canada.
- No need to remain in the country in order to get the citizenship.
- Invest in residential real estate with a minimum total investment amount of EUR 2 million, to be held for 3 years. This must include a permanent personal residence valued at minimum EUR 500,000 plus VAT OR;
- Make a minimum investment in Cyprus for a minimum amount of EUR 2.5 million, to be held for 3 years. This must include a permanent personal residence valued at minimum of EUR 500,000 plus VAT. The remaining amount of EUR 2 million can be made using one or a combination of the following options:
- Make investment in real estate or in development projects by purchasing or constructing buildings including residential or commercial projects, or other infrastructure projects;
- Government securities up to a maximum value of EUR 500,000;
- Purchase, create, or participate in businesses or companies that are based in Cyprus and employ at least five Cypriot citizens.
The application for Cyprus Citizenship by Investment is submitted for the main applicant and the spouse to the Ministry of Interior with original supporting documentation including government fees. If the Investor meets the Criteria and Conditions required, the application is then submitted by the Ministry of Interior to the Council of Ministers for processing. Upon approval of these applications, the children's application will follow.
The application is processed within approximately 6-9 months months.
Cyprus Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does my net worth include all my assets?
Your net worth includes all your assets as well as your spouse’s, i.e. cash in the bank etc, less the value of all your and your spouse’s liabilities (debts).
2. How many days or months am I supposed to reside in Cyprus to gain citizenship?
It depends on the program option selected. If you are applying for citizenship under the permanent residency program, you must live in Cyprus for a period of seven (7) years before you can be eligible to apply for citizenship, but if you applied under the citizenship by investment program, you obtain the citizenship in a fast-track way without any residency requirements.
3. Can I include my spouse and children in my Citizenship by Investment application?
Yes, both your spouse and children can be included in your application for citizenship by investment in Cyprus. However, only children who are under 18 years of age can be included in your application. In addition, it was recently announced that dependents between the ages 18-25 can now also be included in your application if they are able to provide a college/university certificate.
For more information, please fill out our Free Assessment
and find out if you qualify.;