Citizenship by Investment in Dominica
Commonwealth of Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
The Commonwealth of Dominica offers a Citizenship by Investment Program which is served by the Government Authority through the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU). The Citizenship by Investment Program for the Commonwealth of Dominica allows investors to economically contribute to the Commonwealth of Dominica and, in exchange, the applicants and their immediate family are permitted full citizenship of the country. Launched in 1993, the Citizenship by Investment Program for the Commonwealth of Dominica is legally entrenched in the Commonwealth of Dominica's Constitution and Citizenship Act.
- The applicant must be over 18 years of age.
- The applicant must pass a Due Diligence examination and hold no criminal records.
- Members over the age of 16 are subject to a Due Diligence examination.
- The applicant must have completed a medical examination and be of exceptional health.
- All necessary documents must be completed for the economic citizenship application.
- The appropriate investment must be made.
- All applications for citizenship should be processed through an Authorized Agent in order to assist the applicant in the completion of all required legal and other documents. A list of Authorized Agents can be found on the Commonwealth of Dominica's official CBIU website: http://cbiu.gov.dm/citizenship/authorised-agents/
- The Citizenship by Investment Program is one of the oldest and most trustworthy processes of obtaining economic citizenship in the world.
- Dependent children up to the age of 30 as well as dependent parents and/or grandparents 55 years and older can be included in a single application.
- Applicants are not subjected to a language exam, nor are they required to have a basic knowledge of the English language to receive citizenship in the Commonwealth of Dominica.
- There is no mandatory personal interview requirement.
- Possessors of a Commonwealth of Dominica passport are advantaged in visa-free travel to nearly 120 countries worldwide, including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Ireland.
- Dual citizenship is recognized which can be beneficial to business expansion and tax relief.
- No wealth, gift, inheritance, or foreign income of capital gains tax.
- The Eastern Caribbean Dollar is pegged to the US dollar.
- Applicants are granted full residence status, authorized to live and work in the Commonwealth of Dominica.
- No requirement to reside in the Commonwealth of Dominica before or after admittance to citizenship.
- The application process secures confidentiality.
1. Government Fund Contribution
Commonwealth of Dominica's citizenship admittance under the Government Fund Contribution is subdivided into five investment options, subject to the number of dependents included in the application, which are as follows:
- Single Applicant: a non-refundable contribution of USD 100,000 is required ;
- Main Applicant and Spouse: a non-refundable contribution of USD 175,000 is required ;
- Main Applicant with up to three qualifying dependants : a non-refundable contribution of USD 200,000 is required.
- For an additional qualifying dependant, other than a spouse, a non-refundable contribution of USD 25,000 per dependant is required .
2. Real Estate Investment
Commonwealth of Dominica's citizenship admittance under the Real Estate Investment option obliges the applicant to make an authorized real estate investment amounting to at least USD $200,000. Both the bulk of the real estate investment and Government Fees are paid upon approval in principle. Prior to approval in principle, the applicant only needs to make a deposit on the real estate investment. Government Fees are payable as follows:
The real estate must be held for three years as well as being eligible for re-sale under the Citizenship by Investment Program after 5 years from original purchase date.
Commonwealth of Dominica Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long will the process for Citizenship by investment take?
- For the Main Applicant: USD $25,000;
- for the Main Applicant applying with his or her spouse; : USD $35,000;
- for a family of up to four persons, including the Main Applicant and up to three dependants : USD $35,000;
- for a family of up to six persons, including the Main Applicant and up to five dependants : USD $50,000; or
- for a family of seven persons or more, including the Main Applicant and six or more dependants : USD 70,000
For the Commonwealth of Dominica, the application process will not take more than 3 months. However, the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU) may issue an approval, denail, or enquiry prior to this timeframe. After approval, the applicants receive citizenship immediately.
2. Does the Commonwealth of Dominica's Citizenship by Investment Program require a basic knowledge of English language?
No. Applicants do not have to fulfill English language requirements, nor are they subjected to an English language examination.
For more information, please fill out our Free Assessment
and find out if you qualify.