Citizenship in Saint-Kitts & Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program (CBI Program)
The St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program is the oldest investment program of its kind. This investment program was first created in 1984 by the government to attract investors to contribute to the development of the St. Kitts and Nevis economy and, in return, investors are able to gain citizenship directly which allows them visa-free access to over 150 countries.
- The candidate needs to be at least 18 years of age.
- The candidate is required to undergo medical examinations before applying for citizenship. (All candidates including children are required to pass an HIV test in order to apply for the CBI program).
- Make the required investment mentioned under the investment options.
- There are no language requirements for the citizenship by investment program.
- The program does not require a minimum stay period.
- The applicant and immediate family will obtain citizenship for St. Kitts and Nevis directly after the investment is made.
- Dependent parents 55 years old and over can be included in an application.
- Dependent children up to 30 years old can be included in an application.
- The St. Kitts and Nevis passport allows visa-free travel to over 150 countries including the EU countries, and its citizens are able to reside in any of the Caribbean Community countries (CARICOM).
- An investment of USD $400,000 to a government approved real estate project in either St. Kitts or Nevis to be held for 5 years; OR,
- An investment of USD $200,000 to a government approved real estate project in either St. Kitts or Nevis to be held for 7 years. This option is available for the purchase of real estate in new luxury developments. OR,
- Make a non-refundable contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) in the following amounts:
- For a single applicant, the contribution amount is USD $150,000;
- For addition of a spouse, the contribution amount is USD $25,000;
- For each additional dependent , the contribution amount is USD $10,000
USD$175,000 principle applicant with spouse ;
USD$160,000 single applicant with any dependent other than spouse;
USD$185,000 principle applicant with spouse and 1 child;
USD$195,000 principle applicant with spouse and 2 children;
USD$195,000 principle applicant with spouse and 2 dependent parents.
Kindly note that the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) replaces both the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) and Hurricane Relief Funds (HRF).
The Saint-Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program unit denies citizens from Afghanistan, Iran , and North Korea from acquiring citizenship in Saint-Kitts & Nevis unless the applicant is a permanent resident of the United Kingdom, United States, or Canada.
St. Kitts and Nevis Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I decide to make an investment in the SGF (Sustainable Growth Fund) is this a guaranteed investment?
No, this contribution is considered a donation that will be used to support sustainable growth initiatives, education, climate change resilience, economic growth, infrastructure development, the enhancement of medical facilities, tourism development, and the preservation of culture and heritage so you can obtain citizenship in return.
2. Does St. Kitts and Nevis allow dual citizenship?
Yes, dual citizenship is allowed.
For more information, please fill out our Free Assessment
and find out if you qualify.