Permanent Residency through Investment in the United Kingdom
The Tier 1 Visa Program for investors and entrepreneurs was essentially created by the UK government to allow individuals with a high net worth outside the European economic area and Switzerland wishing to settle in the UK, the opportunity to qualify for permanent residency in the UK.
Tier 1 (Investor) Visa
- The applicant must have a high net worth to qualify for the investor visa program.
- It is necessary for the candidate to be willing to invest at least GBP 2,000,000 in the UK upon 3 months of entry.
- The candidate must ensure their investment funds are in a UK bank account.
- The candidate’s investment funds must be invested in one of the following: UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies.
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa
- The applicant is able to apply for Leave to Remain (permanent residency) in the UK after 5 years. However, if the applicant makes an increased investment of GBP 5 million they are then eligible to apply for Leave to Remain after 3 years, while if the investment was GBP 10 million they are able to apply for Leave to Remain after 2 years.
- The applicant is free to work and study in the UK.
- The program does not have any language, education, or experience requirements.
- The entrepreneur must meet the English language requirements to be successful.
- The applicant must prove that they are able to support herself/himself while in the UK.
- In order to qualify, the entrepreneur must have at least GBP 200,000 investment funds which:
- Need to be held in a UK bank account or financial institution.
- The funds need to be invested in a UK business.
- OR have access to at least GBP 50,000 from one of the following:
- A venture capital firm regulated by the UK financial services authority.
- One or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions endorsed on the UK Trade and Investment website.
- One or more UK government departments or devolved government departments in Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland and made available by the department(s) concerned for the purposes of establishing or expanding a business in the UK
UK Tier 1 (Investor) Visa Frequently Asked Questions
1. When my application for Tier 1 (Investor) Visa is approved, am I able to apply for UK citizenship?
- The candidate is able to apply for indefinite Leave to Remain (permanent residency) after 5 years of residing in the UK.
- The candidate is able to bring immediate family members to the UK.
When the application for the Tier 1 (Investor) visa is successful, a temporary residency in the UK is issued. The applicant is then able to apply for a leave to remain (Permanent Residency) after a period of time which depends on the investment chosen. There is no fast-track option to apply for citizenship; however, the candidate is eligible to apply for citizenship after 6 years of residing in the UK.
2. Is there any specific amount required for the net worth that I should have?
No, but you have to have sufficient funds to be able to make the investment and support yourself while residing in the UK.
UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any language or educational requirements for this program?
Yes, the program expects the applicant to have a certain level of English in order to qualify.
For more information, please fill out our Free Assessment
and find out if you qualify.;