Citizenship by Investment in Saint Lucia
Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP)
The government of Saint Lucia has recently paved the way for those opting for a citizenship on the beautiful island of Saint Lucia through their Citizenship by Investment Program under their Citizenship by Investment Act no. 14 of 2015. Citizens of Saint Lucia are advantaged in the island’s vast spread of beauty, as well as its stability, both economically and politically, where it is a part of the Commonwealth Caribbean. Citizenship by Investment in Saint Lucia is an exclusive program as citizenship admittance is capped at a maximum of 500 annually.
- The principal applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant must pass a Due Diligence examination and hold no criminal records.
- The applicant must have completed a medical examination and be of exceptional health.
- The appropriate investment must be made.
- No need to renounce citizenship in any other country as dual citizenship is recognized which can be beneficial to business expansion and tax relief.
- No interview, education or managerial experience required.
- Applications are rapidly processed (within 3 months).
- Possessors of a Saint Lucian passport are advantaged in visa-free and visa-on-arrival travel to 125 countries worldwide, including all of countries in the European Union.
- Possessors of a Saint Lucian passport are advantaged in the entitlement of residency in the other 14 states under the Caribbean Community (CARICOM).
1. National Economic Fund
An approved investment funding government sponsored projects subject to the number of dependents included in the application, as follows:
- Single Applicant: USD $100,000
- Main Applicant and Spouse: USD $165,000
- Main Applicant, Spouse, and 2 dependent children: USD $190,000
- Additional Dependents: USD $25,000 each
2. Real Estate Investment
An investment amounting to at least USD $300,000 must be made in the event that it is in a government-approved real estate project in either high-end branded hotels and resorts OR high-end boutique properties.
3. Enterprise Projects
An approved investment amounting to a minimum of USD $3,500,000 (for one applicant) OR a minimum of USD $6,000,000 (joint investment; more than one applicant) with a contribution of at least USD $1,000,000 from each applicant.
The approved enterprise project investment must be made in any of the following:
- Specialty restaurants
- Cruise ports and marinas
- Agro-processing plants
- Pharmaceutical products
- Ports, bridges, roads, and highways
- Research institutions and facilities
- Offshore universities
4. Government Bonds
An approved investment amounting to a minimum of USD $500,000 to non-interest-bearing government bonds. A non-refundable administration fee of USD $50,000 is added for this option.
Bonds must be authorized and held by the applicant for 5 years from the issue date.
Saint Lucia Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it essential that my application documents are all in English?
All of the documents that you submit with your application must be in their original language. In the event that the s
upporting documents are not in English, it is essential that you provide a certified English translation of the original. Thus, original documents must be submitted with their English translation where the original document is not originally in English.
2. How much time does it take to obtain citizenship in Saint Lucia?
After your application has been submitted and approved by the Citizenship by Investment Unit, the application process will take approximately three months. You will be informed of such circumstances which may cause a potential delay in the event that a problem arises during the application process.
3. Is there any possible way to speed up the application process?
No, all applications submitted to the Citizenship by Investment Unit are processed in the order they are received and undergo procedure entrenched by law.;