The Hungarian Investor Residency Bond Program
The Hungarian Investment Immigration Program
This program allows non-EU citizens to obtain permanent residency in Hungary in return for their investments in Special Hungarian Government Bonds. The minimum required investment amount is EUR 300,000 which should be maintained for a 5-year lockout period and will be refunded without interest thereafter.
Permanent Residence Benefits
- Risk free investment.
- The investor, spouse, dependent children up to 18 years of age, as well as dependent parents are included in the program.
- Special exemption from physical residence applied to the principal applicant and all qualifying family members.
- Fast-track to permanent residence in as little as 2 months.
- The program is open to all nationalities.
- The applicant and her/his family can enjoy a safe life in Hungary with low living cost.
- Easy business start-up with low business cost and low tax rate.
- Hungary is a Schengen country and a member of the European Union which allows visa-free travel within the Schengen countries.
- Permanent residency can be converted into citizenship (if requirements are met).
- Ability to work and study anywhere in Hungary and have access to high-quality health care.
The investor should first subscribe to the Hungary State Special Debt Fund’s shares to make the required investment of EUR 300,000 which will be held for 5 years and pay the administrative fees of EUR 60,000. The processing time is now 2 months, after which permanent residency is immediately granted. Citizenship is granted after 8 years of permanent residency (if essential requirements are met).
. Contact us for further advice.
Hungarian Immigration Program Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does my investment accumulate any interest?
No, there is no interest gained from the investment but the amount is returned in full once the mandatory five-year lockout period is over.
2. Can I still hold the PR even after the redemption of the amount?
Yes, permanent residence is really permanent, and is kept indefinitely even after your investment is redeemed. There is no need to subscribe to the fund’s shares again afterwards.
3. Do I need a Hungarian address when I apply for residence?
No, as of July 1st, changes have been made to the program removing the requirement of a Hungarian address in order to qualify for permanent residency.
4. What are the essential requirements to obtain the citizenship?
- The applicant should be a legal resident in Hungary for 8 years.
- Must hold an immigration card.
- Must have a clean criminal record.
- Must provide proof of place of accommodation in Hungary.
- Must pass the citizenship exam about the basics of Hungarian constitution which will be conducted in the Hungarian language.
For more information, please fill out our Free Assessment
and find out if you qualify.;