Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Open to Iranian Nationals
Antigua and Barbuda Program |
Second Passport |
Middle East Nationals |
Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) |
Antigua and Barbuda Passport |
February 28, 2017
When it comes to Citizenship by Investment Programs (CIP), foreign nationals seeking second citizenship and passport solutions have a plenty of options throughout Europe and the Caribbean. While obtaining a second citizenship and passport is enticing, it can become the road less traveled for Middle Eastern nationals due to many factors that might include an individual’s country of origin, among other reasons.
As we have seen in recent months, the issue of immigration has become a highly-debated issue around the world, particularly across the United States and in Europe. For foreign nationals from the Middle East, having the safety and security of a second passport is similar to a life insurance policy—perhaps now more than ever. However, eligibility for applying to a Citizenship by Investment Program may depend on your country’s passport. With Caribbean Citizenship by Investment Programs, Middle Eastern nationals can apply for a second citizenship and passport to countries such as Antigua and Barbuda, Saint Lucia, or the Commonwealth of Dominica and enjoy visa-free and visa-on-arrival travel to more than 100 countries (including the UK and Schengen region, and at an affordable price.
In 2016, the twin island state of Antigua and Barbuda opened its popular Citizenship by Investment Program to citizens from Iraq and Iran. Until recently, Iranians had been among a handful of other countries that were ineligible to apply for second citizenship to the Caribbean nation. Iranians who wish to apply must fulfill all of the following criteria from the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU):
Eligibility requirements for Iranian nationals
The restrictions on Iranian applicants have been modified as of 2017. Iranian citizens can apply if they meet all three criteria:
- The applicant must have a long-term visa in countries that allow visa-free entry (e.g. Canada, the United States, or UK) or a jurisdiction that has visa-free entry arrangements with Antigua and Barbuda. To view a list of countries with visa-free entry to Antigua and Barbuda, please visit: http://cip.gov.ag/visa-free-countries-list/
- The applicant has legally resided outside Iran for a minimum of 3 years prior to applying for citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda.
- The applicant’s business activities must be conducted, and their funds substantially earned, outside of Iran.
In addition to the criterion above, applicants must also provide documentary evidence which supports their application, including (but not limited to):
Antigua and Barbuda CIP requirements
- Detailed bank account information and evidence of titles or leases;
- Provide proof of a long-term residency permit or visa in the above-mentioned countries, as well as verifiable records of travel, study, or dual citizenship;
- If a long-term resident in the United States, the applicant must meet guidelines stated by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Applicants to the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program can make a minimum USD $200,000 contribution to the Antigua and Barbuda National Development Fund (NDF), which grants a family of four immediate citizenship and passport to 134 countries worldwide, including the UK and Schengen region. Listed below are additional application requirements:
- Completing/passing due diligence and medical examinations (for applicants and qualifying family members);
- Having a clean criminal record;
- Make the appropriate investment into Antigua and Barbuda’s economy;
- The principal applicant and their immediate family must reside in Antigua and Barbuda for a minimum of 5 days in a 5-year period after citizenship is granted.
Obtaining a second citizenship and passport not only offers greater travel freedom, but greater safety and security for successful applicants and their family. The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program is a top choice for Middle Eastern nationals, largely due to the program’s affordability and credibility.
For more information on the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP), please click here
Fill out our Free Assessment
to see if you qualify for any of the immigration programs offered.
Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment (CIP)