St Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program has been available since 1984 through the oldest, most reliable and successful Citizenship by Investment Program within the Caribbean region.
The St Kitts & Nevis Government announced, on 23 September 2017, that as part of the St Kitts & Nevis Economic Citizenship Program, a payment can now be made to the Hurricane Relief Fund (HRF) to gain a St Kitts & Nevis passport. This program currently runs until March 2018.
Hurricane Relief Fund(HRF)
The financial contribution required by the Hurricane Relief Fund is:
Real Estate Option
- USD150,000 for a family of four, including the main applicant, a spouse and two qualifying dependants
- Each additional qualifying dependant: USD25,000
Investment in an approved real estate property worth a minimum of US $400,000. The real estate must be held for a minimum of five years after the citizenship has been granted. The property can then be re-sold with retained citizenship rights and could be available for a new buyer to use for their application.
There is another more expensive investment option in terms of a one off donation to the Sugar Industry Diversification Fund (“SIDF”).
Recent Changes to St Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by investment program
- Common law partners are also now accepted for sponsorship.
A lady or gentleman can sponsor their common law partner , having met certain qualifying criteria. An opposite sex couple therefore do not need to be married for the partner to be able to apply to the program.
Advantages of Holding a St Kitts & Nevis Passport
- First of all, there’s freedom of movement. Over 120 countries open their borders to St Kitts passport holders, hence, there is no need to waste time and money on visa-related paperwork.
- Saint Kitts and Nevis passport is a safety net, it allows the holder to relocate to any country with visa-free agreement in case of unforeseen circumstances.
- Saint Kitts and Nevis authorities do not disseminate any details to third parties. This way, the primary country of residence does not learn of one’s newly acquired status as a citizen of another country.
- Saint Kitts and Nevis passport is valid for 10 years; one does not have to visit St Kitts and Nevis to renew it;
- Holders of Saint Kitts and Nevis passport can enjoy full Schengen privileges - free movement to 26 European countries
- Do not require a visa to visit Russia or the United Kingdom.
A ‘fast track’ option is also available whereby a passport can be obtained within forty-five days for an additional fee.
There are many reasons why holding a second passport or dual citizenship can be valuable. One of the main benefits of second passports is increased flexibility and freedom of travel around the world. Nevertheless, second passport programs, investor rights and opportunities vary from country to country as well as program to program and so it is essential that you choose the most appropriate jurisdiction and investment immigration program to engage in, to convene your second passport objectives successfully.
If you would like to know more about the Citizenship Program and the Hurricane Relief Fund please contact us. Interested applicants wish to apply, then the sooner the better as the deadline is March 2018.
We are ready to assist our clients in obtaining their second citizenship safely and legally, and offer them customized investment options. Our consultations are free of charge.
For more information on the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program (CBI), please click here.
Fill out our Free Assessment
to see if you qualify for any of the immigration programs offered.