Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program : Important Changes
Antigua and Barbuda Program |
Cheapest Citizenship |
Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) |
Antigua and Barbuda Passport |
Visa-Free Travel |
Fast Track Citizenship |
Barbuda Real Estate |
Age of Dependents |
Middle East |
May 15, 2018
As we posted two weeks ago, the Government approved some important changes to the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP). The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program is a tempting opportunity to second citizenship and passport as well as widens visa-free horizons.
The Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment program was launched in 2013.
In the first half of 2017, Antigua & Barbuda’s Citizenship by Investment Program received 27% more applications – 187 compared to 147 – than in the first half of 2016, shows the Citizenship by Investment Unit’s 6-month report, published in January 2018.
Apparently, the expected change in the CIP program would attract more high net worth individuals interested in an Antigua’s passport.
The Program's Changes
There are two investment options to choose from: (A) National development fund (NDF) (B) investment in property on the island
The National development fund (NDF) is a special fund established to finance government-sponsored projects.
1.Real Estate - Minimum Investment Threshold
Effective 1st May, 2018, a Limited Time Offer (LTO) under the Real Estate option. The minimum investment remains at US$400,000. However, until 31st October, 2018, two (2) applications from related parties can make a joint investment, with each applicant investing a minimum of US$200,000 in order to qualify. All processing and due diligence fees remain unchanged.
To amend the CIP legislation to:
- Reduce the parental dependents age from sixty-five (65) to fifty-eight (58); and
- Remove the requirement for dependent children under 18 to visit Antigua and Barbuda for five (5) days in the first five (5) years. Please note however: Upon attaining the age of eighteen (18), the residency requirement must be fulfilled as well as the requirement to swear an oath or pledge allegiance.
Five Advantages of Antigua and Barbuda passport
There are many reasons why someone may choose to take advantage of Antigua and Barbuda citizenship (passport):
Here is a list of five main pluses of the passport:
- Mobility. The Antigua and Barbuda is a very good travel document. The passport allows entering over 130 countries on visa-free basis. Antigua and Barbuda citizens don’t need visas to UK, the EU countries, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- Family members. An investor may include in the application a spouse, unmarried dependent children under the age of 28, and dependent parents over the age of 58.
- Fast track citizenship. The process to obtain citizenship takes about up to 6 months.
- Residency requirement. To renew your passport, you should visit the country for at least 5 days within a 5-year period. However, dependent children under 18 do not need to visit Antigua and Barbuda for five (5) days in the first five (5) years. Upon attaining the age of eighteen (18), the residency requirement must be fulfilled as well as the requirement to swear an oath or pledge allegiance though.
- Antigua and Barbuda is a member of the Commonwealth, which entitles Antigua and Barbuda citizens to certain privileges in the UK and other Commonwealth countries.
Is there anything else you should know about Antigua and Barbuda citizenship?
The Antigua and Barbuda citizenship (passport) is issued for a lifetime. It is not only an investment to create your own freedom; it’s an investment to secure the future of your family.
There is no need to take a trip abroad to apply for citizenship.
Antigua & Barbuda may expect an increase in Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) applications in the coming months because of the Changes to CIP, as the market is said to be reacting absolutely to the above changes to the program.
The changes to the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program broaden the opportunity of attaining second (passport) citizenship with all its benefits.
For more information on the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP Program), please click here
For the Citizenship by Investment Programs comparison table, please click here.
To compare St Kitts vs. Antigua vs. Grenada vs. St Lucia vs. Dominica, please click here
Fill out our Free Assessment
to see if you qualify for any of the immigration programs offered.
Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment (CIP)