Note: This program is suspended from 1, 2019 to April 1, 2023.
The Québec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) is designed by the Québec government to attract investors and their capital to Québec – Canada. By investing in Québec, the applicant and their immediate family are granted permanent residency in Canada.
The candidate must demonstrate business experience. A minimum of two years’ management experience acquired by the candidate in the past five years is essential. (The definition of senior management experience related to the planning, management, and control of financial resources and of human or material resources under the authority of the applicant).
The candidate must be willing to invest CAD 1,200,000 , (the investment is guaranteed and will be reimbursed in full by the government).
The candidate is required to show a net worth of CAD 2,000,000 , alone or with his/her spouse, all obtained legally.
The investors and their immediate family must all pass medical examinations and security checks.
Permanent residency is granted to the investor and his/her immediate family (a dependent child must be under 19 years old), allowing the family to share the same status.
As a permanent resident the candidate has the right to:
1. Get most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care coverage.
2. Live, work, or study anywhere in Canada.
3. Apply for Canadian citizenship (if requirements are met).
4. Protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Are there any restrictions as a permanent resident?
Permanent residents are not allowed to:
Vote or run for political office.
Hold some jobs that need a high-level security clearance.
1. Once approved applicants are required to make their investment with Investment Québec (IQ) for a period of five years, at the end of which the capital is returned with zero interest (0%). The five year period begins upon issuance of Québec Certificate of Selection (CSQ - Québec Selection Certificate), before landing. Earnings from the investment are used to fund various business and social programs within the province of Québec.
2. The Québec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) allows applicants to finance the investment through selected securities brokerage firms and banks. In general the financing schemes require a down payment. The selected securities brokerage firms and banks loan the applicant the balance. The applicant deposits the sum of CAD 1,200,000 with Investment Québec (IQ). The down payment is not refunded at the end of the five year period. The selected securities brokerage firms and banks take fees and interest from the down payment. The cost to the investor is the down payment.
1. Am I able to bring my family with me to Québec if I am successful?
Your immediate family (spouse and dependent children under 22) who you would like to accompany you to Canada will need to be included in your application as your dependents. In this case, once your application is successful you are able to bring your family with you.
2. How much is the down payment if I choose the financing option?
For more information about the related investment options, please feel free to contact us through our website or call us at anytime.
For more information, please fill out ourFree Assessmentand find out if you qualify.