The Maltese Citizenship by Naturalization for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment (The New Regulations) provides for the grant of a certificate of naturalization as a citizen of Malta to any foreign individuals and their families who contribute to the economic development fund of Malta and meet the statutory requirements. The New Regulations were introduced by virtue of Legal Notice 437 of 2020, in terms of the Maltese Citizenship Act.
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
Have a clean medical and criminal record.
Provide proof of being a resident of Malta for a period of 12 months or 36 month period, as required by The New Regulations.
Meet the requirements of Malta immigration listed under the New Regulations “Investment Options” section.
Dual Citizenship is allowed.
Eligibility may also extend to the applicant’s dependents, including spouses or partners in a relationship, children up to the age of 28, parents and grandparents under specific terms.
Visa-free travel to more than 186 countries in the world, including the EU, USA, and Canada.
Have the right to live, work, and study anywhere within the 28 EU countries.
1. Purchase a residential property with a minimum amount of EUR 700,000, owned for at least 5 years, OR rent a property with a minimum annual rent of EUR 16,000. Please note that the property cannot be sublet during this five-year period. A 36-month (or 18-month, by exception) lease agreement or property purchase is required during the residence period,AND;
2. Make a non-refundable contribution of at least EUR 600,000 for a minimum residence period of 36 months or EUR 750,000 for a minimum of 12 months, AND;
3. A donation of at least EUR 10,000 to a registered sport, cultural, scientific, philanthropic, animal welfare, or artistic non-governmental organization or society, as approved by the Community Malta Agency.AND;
4.Legal residence of Malta for at least 36 months (or 12 months, by exception), which includes the lease of a residential property with a rental value of at least EUR 16,000 per annum, held for that same period. Applicants require a valid residence card in order to apply for citizenship.
Malta Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I buy a house in Malta when can I resell it?
One of the requirements for this investment option is to own the property bought for a minimum of 5 years, therefore, the applicant will not be able to sell the property until after 5 years.
2. Do I have to visit Malta during the application process?
Some applicants are requested to attend an interview before a final decision on the application is made; others are not.
For more information, please fill out our Free Assessment and find out if you qualify.
Quebec Investment Consultation and Management Services LLC is a licensed company, specialized in residency & second citizenship by investment programs